How do I unfriend or remove a friend on Facebook?
To unfriend someone:
- Go to that person's profile by typing their name into the search bar at the top of Facebook.
- Click at the top of their profile.
- Click Unfriend, then Confirm.
Note: If you can't find the person you want to unfriend, their account may be deactivated.
To unfriend someone who has deactivated their Facebook account:
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Click Friends.
- Search for the person’s name.
- Click , then select Unfriend.
The person you unfriended won't be notified. If you don't want someone to see your profile, add you as a friend or send you a message, you can block them.
Note: If you unfriend someone, you'll also be removed from that person's friends list. If you want to be friends with this person again, you'll need to add them as a friend again.