How do I unfriend or remove a friend on Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
To unfriend someone's profile:
- Go to that profile by typing their profile name into the search bar at the top of Facebook.
- Click at the top of their profile.
- Click Unfriend, then Confirm.
Note: If you can't find the profile you want to unfriend, the profile may be deactivated.
To unfriend a deactivated profile:
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Click Friends.
- Search for the profile’s name.
- Click , then select Unfriend.
The profile you unfriended won't be notified. If you don't want someone to see your profile, add you as a friend or send you a message, you can block their profile.
Note: If you unfriend someone's profile, you'll also be removed from that profile's friends list. If you want to be friends with this profile again, you'll need to add them as a friend again.