How do I use my activity log to find specific things on Facebook?
Your activity log shows your Facebook activity in chronological order. Your activity includes things like content you’ve added to Facebook (such as posts you created and things you've liked), actions you've taken on Facebook (like adding or removing friends) and other information about you on Facebook. To find something specific, use the filters to narrow down your search.
To use activity log to find something specific:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Activity Log.
- Click Filter in the top right of activity log.
- From here, you can filter by:
- Categories. Scroll down to the category you want to review, click the circle to the right, then click Save Changes.
- Date. Click the dropdown menu under Year and select the year you’d like to review. You can then filter by month and category.
Note: Only you can see your activity log, but the posts and other content in your activity log may appear other places on Facebook, like on your timeline, in Search or in your friends' News Feeds.
Learn more about how to use your activity log to manage what you've shared.