Our Access Your Information Tool allows you to view your account data in a single place. We also have a number of tools and resources to help you review and control your information on Facebook.
The Access Your Information tool provides a summary of your Facebook account information that you can access at any time and in a single place. We've categorized this information by type so you can find what you're looking for:
- You can review information you've posted or shared, such as likes, comments, and videos, below Your Information.
- You can view information about your Facebook account, such as location and search history, below Information About You.
- Our Data Policy has more information about how we collect and use your information, how it's shared and how long we retain it. It also outlines your rights and how you can exercise them, and how we operate and transfer your information as part of our global services
You can review your information on Facebook (such as recent activity) from the Your Facebook Information section of your Facebook Settings.
To view Your Facebook Information from a computer:
- Go to the top right of Facebook and click .
- Click Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information.
- Go to the information you want to review and click View.
These tools and resources are available in the Your Facebook Information section of your settings:
- Access Your Information: A summary of your Facebook information that you can access at any time and in a single place. We've categorized this information by type so you can find what you're looking for.
- Manage Your Information: Learn how to manage your information on Facebook and get answers to common questions.
- Delete Your Account And Information: Permanently delete your Facebook account and information.
Note: You can learn more about controlling your data and privacy settings in your Privacy Shortcuts.
If you want to download a copy of your information from Facebook, you can use the Download Your Information tool.
To download a copy of your Facebook data:
- Go to the top right of Facebook and click .
- Click Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information.
- Go to Download Your Information and click View.
- To add or remove categories of data from your request, click the boxes on the right side of Facebook.
- Select other options, including:
- The format of your download request.
- The quality of photos, videos and other media.
- A specific date range of information. If you don't select a date range, you'll request all the information for the categories you've selected.
- Click Create File to confirm the download request.
After you've made a download request, it will appear as Pending in the Available Files section of the Download Your Information Tool. It may take several days for us to finish preparing your download request
Once we've finished preparing your download request, we'll send a notification letting you know it's ready.
To download a copy of data you requested:
- Go to the Available Files section of the Download Your Information tool.
- Click Download and enter your password.
Note: You can always view your Privacy Shortcuts to learn about the ways you can control your data and privacy on Facebook. If you want to review recent activity on your Facebook account or want to review your Facebook account information, you can use the Access Your Information tool.
Yes. When you download a copy of your data on Facebook, you'll have control over which categories of data you want to include in the download, as well as which date range of data you want to include of the data you want to receive. These choices are available when you make the request for your information. Learn more about what's included.
When you request a copy of your information on Facebook, you can choose to receive it in an HTML or JSON format:
HTML: An easy to view format of your data on Facebook. You'll receive a .ZIP file that, once opened and extracted, will contain an .HTML file named index that you can open like a web page on your web browser. The .ZIP file will contain folders with files, including any images and videos you've requested.
JSON: A machine readable format of your data that could allow you to transfer your information more easily when uploading it to another service.
You can also choose the quality of your media files (photos, videos) when you request a copy of your information. If you choose a higher quality version of your media, your download will be larger and take up more space.
We have a number of security measures in place to help keep your account secure and protect your information on Facebook. Before you can begin downloading a copy of your information, we'll first ask you to enter your password. We may also ask you to complete additional verification steps before allowing your download to begin. To help protect your account, your download request will expire after a few days, and you can always request a new one.
Our security systems are always running to help mitigate threats before they reach you and your friends on Facebook, and we offer tools like Security Checkup and two-factor authentication as additional ways to improve the security of your account. Learn more about keeping your account secure.
Note: Keep in mind that your data request may contain private information. You should keep it secure and take precautions when storing or sending it, or uploading it to another service. You can always select specific sections when requesting a copy of your information.
If you deactivated your account:
If you previously had a Facebook account but it's currently deactivated, you can reactivate your account by logging back into Facebook or by using your Facebook account to log in somewhere else.
Once you re-activate your account, you'll be able to access your information throughout your account or by using the Download Your Information tool.
If you deleted your account or have never signed up for one:
If you deleted your Facebook account, you'll no longer be able to access information related to this account. Some information you shared may still appear on other people's Facebook accounts. For example, if you sent someone a message or wrote on their timeline, they may still have their copy of the message or timeline post - similar to an email.
If you don't have a Facebook account but believe Facebook may have information about you, you can contact us to request a copy of your information.
- Your name, profile picture and cover photo to help people recognize you. Learn more about editing your public profile information.
- Your preferred pronoun to help us describe you (ex: "Add her as a friend").
- Username and user ID. If you've created a custom username, it will be visible to everyone in your Facebook profile URL. If you haven't created a custom username, your user ID shows up in the URL of your profile.
- Adding featured items to your profile, like an intro or Featured Photos.
- Commenting on a public post, photo or video. Keep in mind, things that are shared publicly usually have a to show that it's public.
- Posting or commenting on any Facebook Page or a public group.
- Selling an item on Marketplace.
- Workplace and education (ex: college and high school).
- Places you've lived and your current city.
- Contact information (ex: phone number and email address) and basic information like birth date and year, political views and religious views.
- Family members and relationship status.
- Life events.
- Posting to your timeline. Keep in mind, when you use the audience selector to change who can see your post, it remembers your choice and uses the same audience when you share again unless you change it. For example, if you choose Public for a post, your next post will also be public.
- Your Facebook Stories.
- Adding photos, albums and videos.
- Creating a public event.
- Be associated with you, even off Facebook.
- Be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services, which can include:
- Adjust your privacy settings. Adjust things like who can send you friend requests, who can see your friends list and if you want outside search engines to be able to link to your profile.
- Update your timeline and tagging settings. Choose who can do things like see what others post on your timeline, see posts you're tagged in on your timeline or opt to review posts or tags before they appear on your timeline.
- Review your apps and websites settings. Edit who can see the apps and websites you use and also remove any apps and websites you don't want.
- Walk through Privacy Checkup. Make sure you've selected the right audience for your posts, your profile information and the apps and websites that you've used Facebook to log into.
|What info is available?||What is it?||Where can I find it?|
|About Me||Information you added to the About section of your timeline like relationships, work, education, where you live and more. It includes any updates or changes you made in the past and what is currently in the About section of your timeline.||Activity Log|
|Check-ins||The places you’ve checked into.||Activity Log|
|Connections||The people who have liked your Page or Place, RSVPed to your event, installed your app or checked in to your advertised place within 24 hours of viewing or clicking on an ad or Sponsored Story.||Activity Log|
|Credit Cards||If you make purchases on Facebook (ex: in apps) and have given Facebook your credit card number.||Account Settings|
|Events||Events you’ve joined or been invited to.||Activity Log|
|Following||A list of people you follow.||Activity Log|
|Last Location||The last location associated with an update.||Activity Log|
|Likes on Others' Posts||Posts, photos or other content you’ve liked.||Activity Log|
|Likes on Your Posts from others||Likes on your own posts, photos or other content.||Activity Log|
|Likes on Other Sites||Likes you’ve made on sites off of Facebook.||Activity Log|
|Linked Accounts||A list of the accounts you've linked to your Facebook account||Account Settings|
|Notes||Any notes you’ve written and published to your account.||Activity Log|
|Posts by You||Anything you posted to your own timeline, like photos, videos and status updates.||Activity Log|
|Posts by Others||Anything posted to your timeline by someone else, like wall posts or links shared on your timeline by friends.||Activity Log|
|Posts to Others||Anything you posted to someone else’s timeline, like photos, videos and status updates.||Activity Log|
|Privacy Settings||Your privacy settings.||Privacy Settings|
|Recent Activities||Actions you’ve taken and interactions you’ve recently had.||Activity Log|
|Registration Date||The date you joined Facebook.||Activity Log|
|Removed Friends||People you’ve removed as friends.||Activity Log|
|Searches||Searches you’ve made on Facebook.||Activity Log|
|Shares||Content (ex: a news article) you've shared with others on Facebook using the Share button or link.||Activity Log|
|Status Updates||Any status updates you’ve posted.||Activity Log|
|Vanity URL||Your Facebook URL (ex: username or vanity for your account).||Visible in your timeline URL|
|Videos||Videos you’ve posted to your timeline.||Activity Log|
|What info is available?||What is it?||Where can I find it?|
|About Me||Information you added to the About section of your timeline like relationships, work, education, where you live and more. It includes any updates or changes you made in the past and what is currently in the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Account Status History||The dates when your account was reactivated, deactivated, disabled or deleted.||Downloaded Info|
|Active Sessions||All stored active sessions, including date, time, device, IP address, machine cookie and browser information.||Downloaded Info|
|Ads Clicked||Dates, times and titles of ads clicked (limited retention period).||Downloaded Info|
|Address||Your current address or any past addresses you had on your account.||Downloaded Info|
|Ad Topics||A list of topics that you may be targeted against based on your stated likes, interests and other data you put in your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Alternate Name||Any alternate names you have on your account (ex: a maiden name or a nickname).||Downloaded Info|
|Apps||All of the apps you have added.||Downloaded Info|
|Birthday Visibility||How your birthday appears on your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Chat||A history of the conversations you’ve had on Facebook Chat (a complete history is available directly from your messages inbox).||Downloaded Info|
|Check-ins||The places you’ve checked into.||Downloaded Info|
|Currency||Your preferred currency on Facebook. If you use Facebook Payments, this will be used to display prices and charge your credit cards.||Downloaded Info|
|Current City||The city you added to the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Date of Birth||The date you added to Birthday in the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Education||Any information you added to Education field in the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Emails||Email addresses added to your account (even those you may have removed).||Downloaded Info|
|Events||Events you’ve joined or been invited to.||Downloaded Info|
|Facial Recognition Data||A unique number based on a comparison of the photos you're tagged in. We use this data to help others tag you in photos.||Downloaded Info|
|Family||Friends you’ve indicated are family members.||Downloaded Info|
|Favorite Quotes||Information you’ve added to the Favorite Quotes section of the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Followers||A list of people who follow you.||Downloaded Info|
|Friend Requests||Pending sent and received friend requests.||Downloaded Info|
|Friends||A list of your friends.||Downloaded Info|
|Gender||The gender you added to the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Groups||A list of groups you belong to on Facebook.||Downloaded Info|
|Hidden from News Feed||Any friends, apps or pages you’ve hidden from your News Feed.||Downloaded Info|
|Hometown||The place you added to hometown in the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|ID||A copy of the ID you submitted to confirm your identity and to help improve our automated systems for detecting fake IDs and related abuse.||Personal Data Request|
|Locale||The language you've selected to use Facebook in.||Downloaded Info|
|Logins||IP address, date and time associated with logins to your Facebook account.||Downloaded Info|
|Logouts||IP address, date and time associated with logouts from your Facebook account.||Downloaded Info|
|Matched Contacts||Contact information that may be associated with your account.||Personal Data Request|
|Messages||Messages you’ve sent and received on Facebook. Note, if you've deleted a message it won't be included in your download as it has been deleted from your account.||Downloaded Info|
|Name||The name on your Facebook account.||Downloaded Info|
|Name Changes||Any changes you’ve made to the original name you used when you signed up for Facebook.||Downloaded Info|
|Networks||Networks (affiliations with schools or workplaces) that you belong to on Facebook.||Downloaded Info|
|Pages You Admin||A list of pages you admin.||Downloaded Info|
|Pending Friend Requests||Pending sent and received friend requests.||Downloaded Info|
|Phone Numbers||Mobile phone numbers you’ve added to your account, including verified mobile numbers you've added for security purposes.||Downloaded Info|
|Photos||Photos you’ve uploaded to your account.||Downloaded Info|
|Photos Metadata||Any metadata that is transmitted with your uploaded photos.||Downloaded Info|
|Physical Tokens||Badges you’ve added to your account.||Downloaded Info|
|Pokes||A list of who’s poked you and who you’ve poked. Poke content from our mobile poke app is not included because it's only available for a brief period of time. After the recipient has viewed the content it's permanently deleted from our systems.||Downloaded Info|
|Political Views||Any information you added to Political Views in the About section of timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Posts by Others||Anything posted to your timeline by someone else, like wall posts or links shared on your timeline by friends.||Downloaded Info|
|Recent Activities||Actions you’ve taken and interactions you’ve recently had.||Downloaded Info|
|Registration Date||The date you joined Facebook.||Downloaded Info|
|Religious Views||The current information you added to Religious Views in the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Removed Friends||People you’ve removed as friends.||Downloaded Info|
|Screen Names||The screen names you’ve added to your account, and the service they’re associated with. You can also see if they’re hidden or visible on your account.||Downloaded Info|
|Spoken Languages||The languages you added to Spoken Languages in the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Status Updates||Any status updates you’ve posted.||Downloaded Info|
|Work||Any current information you’ve added to Work in the About section of your timeline.||Downloaded Info|
|Videos||Videos you’ve posted to your timeline.||Downloaded Info|