Turn on timeline review to see posts that you're tagged in
Android App Help
Basic mobile browser help
iPad App Help
iPhone App Help
Mobile Browser Help
Facebook Lite App Help
When a friend tags you in a post on Facebook, it automatically appears on your profile. If you want to review all posts (including friends' posts) before they appear on your profile, you need to turn on timeline review.
Bear in mind that if someone you're not friends with tags you in a post, you'll be prompted to review it to appear on your profile, even if you don't have timeline review turned on.
Turn on timeline review or review your timeline review settings
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings and privacy, then click Settings.
- In the left column, click Profile and tagging.
- Look for the setting Review posts you're tagged in before the post appears on your profile? and click Edit to the far right.
- Select Enabled or Disabled.
Note: Timeline review only controls what's allowed on your profile. Posts that you're tagged in may still appear in search, Feed and other places on Facebook.
Timeline review for legacy contacts:
You can also choose to add a legacy contact to your account, who looks after your account if it's memorialised. Your legacy contact will be able to turn off timeline review so that tagged posts can appear in the Tributes section. Learn more about what legacy contacts can do.
View your Profile and tagging settings.