What is blocking on Facebook and how do I block someone?
When you block someone they will no longer be able to do things such as tag you or see things you post on your timeline.
What happens when I block someone?
When you block someone, they won't be able to:
- See things you post on your profile.
- Tag you in posts, comments or photos.
- Invite you to events or groups.
- Start a conversation with you.
- Add you as a friend.
If you block someone you're friends with, we'll unfriend you as well. If you don't want to unfriend someone but see less of their posts on Facebook, you can take a break from them.
When you block someone, you also won't be able to do things like start a conversation with them or add them as a friend. Keep in mind that blocking someone may not prevent all communications or interactions (example: in apps or groups) and only affects your interactions with that person on Facebook.
To block someone:
- Click at the top right of Facebook and choose Settings.
- Click Blocking in the left side menu.
- In the Block users section, enter the name of the person you want to block and click Block.
- Select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears and click Block > Block [name].
Note: If you can't find someone using this method, try going to the person's profile and selecting Block from the menu in the bottom right of their cover photo.
Keep in mind:
- When you unblock someone, you won't automatically be friends again. If you block a friend and then unblock them, you'll need to send them a new friend request.
- People won't be notified when you block them.