I can't upload photos on Facebook
iPhone App Help
iPad App Help
Android App Help
Facebook Lite App Help
Mobile Browser Help
Basic Mobile Browser Help
If you're having trouble uploading or posting photos on Facebook, here are some things you can try.
Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash
- To get the latest version of Adobe Flash:
- Remove outdated versions of Adobe Flash that might be on your computer.
- Download the latest version of Adobe Flash.
- Quit all web browsers before you begin installing.
- Most of the time, this will fix any issues with sharing photos to Facebook.
Manage any adblocking software
- If you're using adblocking software, turn it off or make sure that Facebook is included as an exception.
Check your photo format
- Try uploading the original photo instead of an edited version. Editing photos (example: with iPhoto or Photoshop) before uploading them may cause the upload to fail.
- We recommend uploading JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF or TIFF files. If you're uploading a PNG file, it's best to keep the file size below 1 MB. PNG files larger than 1 MB may appear pixelated.
- Check the size of the photo. We recommend uploading photos under 15 MB.
Update your browser
- Make sure you're using the latest version of your browser.
Check your Facebook Support Inbox
- If you're still having trouble, go to your Support Inbox. If you've been warned for posting abusive content, you may be temporarily blocked from uploading photos.
Let us know if you're still having issues adding photos
- If you're still experiencing a problem after trying these suggestions, learn how to report a problem.