Use a security key to log into your Facebook account
iPad App Help
iPhone App Help
Android App Help
Basic Mobile Browser Help
Mobile Browser Help
Before you can log in with a security key, you’ll first need to add it to your account as a security method.
Log into Facebook using your security key
- Go to facebook.com and enter your username and password.
- Click Log In.
- You’ll be asked to use your security key. Make sure you have your security key nearby. Click Continue.
- Either insert your security key into your computer and activate it by touching it, or if you have an NFC key, hold it near your computer's sensor (the location of the NFC sensor depends on your device).
- Once your security key is verified, you'll be logged in. If there was a problem verifying your security key, you'll be prompted to try again.
I'm having trouble logging in with my security key
If you’re having trouble logging in with your security key, try the following:
- Make sure that you’ve already registered the key to your account.
- Update your app or browser and try again.
- If you do not see an option to log in with your security key, your browser or device may not support security keys. You can learn more about what to do if your device or browser does not support security keys.
- If you have a USB or lightning security key, make sure it’s plugged in correctly.
- If your security key is touch activated, make sure to tap the sensor or button on your key when you want to activate it.
- Move NFC keys slowly over your device near the sensor. The location of the NFC sensor depends on your device.
- Charge Bluetooth keys regularly.
- Check the manufacturer's instructions for your security key for additional help.
Other Useful Resources
- Learn how to prevent account access issues if you lose your security key by setting up alternate two factor authentication methods.
- Your security key can be used with other websites while also being used for your Facebook account.
- If you're running Linux, you'll need to follow this additional step to use your security key.