How do I log into my Facebook account with my security key?
Change platform:Computer Help
To log into Facebook using your security key:
- Log into to your Facebook account.
- After you’ve entered your username and password, you’ll see a prompt to login with your security key. Make sure you have your security key nearby. Click Continue.
- Either insert your security key into your computer and activate it by touching it, or if you have an NFC key, hold it near your computer's sensor (the location of the NFC sensor depends on your device).
- Once your security key is verified, you will be logged in. If there was a problem verifying your security key, you will be prompted to try again.
I'm having trouble logging in with my security key
If you’re having trouble logging in with your security key, try the following:
- Make sure that you’ve already registered the key to your account.
- Update your app or browser and try again.
- If you do not see an option to login with your security key, your browser or device may not support security keys. You can learn more about what to do if your device or browser does not support security keys.
- If you have a USB or lightning security key, make sure it’s plugged in correctly.
- If your security key is touch activated, make sure to tap the sensor or button on your key when you want to activate it.
- Move NFC keys slowly over your device near the sensor. The location of the NFC sensor depends on your device.
- Charge Bluetooth keys regularly.
- Check the manufacturer's instructions for your security key for additional help.
Other Useful Resources
- Learn how to prevent account access issues if you lose your security key by setting up alternate two factor authentication methods.
- Your security key can be used with other websites while also being used for your Facebook account.
- If you're running Linux, you'll need to follow this additional step to use your security key.