What can I do to keep my account safe when using payments on Facebook?
Sending and receiving money through Facebook is only available in the US at this time.
Here are a few things you can do to keep your account secure when sending and receiving money in Facebook messages:
- Set up a PIN/password for your account.
- Only send to or receive money from people you know.
- Watch out for common money scams.
- Report scammers who message you.
- Turn on two-factor authentication for your account.
- Never click suspicious links, even if they come from a friend you know.
- Don't accept friend requests from people you don't know.
- Always log in at www.facebook.com.
- Never tell anyone your account password or debit card info.
Learn more about keeping your account secure.
What steps does Facebook take to secure and protect my information when I send or receive money in messages?