How do I make someone an admin or moderator of my Facebook group?
iPhone App Help
Android App Help
Mobile Browser Help
Basic Mobile Browser Help
iPad App Help
Facebook Lite App Help
Current group admins can make someone an admin or moderator.
To make someone an admin or moderator of your group:
- From your Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group. If you don't see Groups, click See more.
- Click Members below your group's cover photo. If you don't see Members, click More.
- Click next to the person you want to make an admin or moderator.
- Select Add as admin or Add as moderator, then click Send Invite.
To cancel an invitation to make someone an admin or moderator of your group, go to Invited Admins & Moderators. Then click next to their name and select Cancel admin invite or Cancel moderator invite.
Group members must be active in the group in order to be made an admin. Keep in mind that once you make someone an admin, they'll be able to remove members or admins, add new admins and edit the group description and settings. Learn how to make your Page an admin of your group.
- In groups without any active admins, Facebook may identify and invite eligible group member(s) to become admins. We consider an admin to be inactive if they haven’t moderated or engaged with the group for an extended period. In selecting eligible members to be added as admins, we consider such factors as their level of engagement and whether they have a history of Community Standards violations.
- If a group doesn’t have any admins, a member may be able to claim the admin role.
- In some cases, gray accounts can’t become admins of groups. If you have a gray account and want to become a group admin, you can create a new account.
- You can choose to feature a specific admin on your group’s cover photo.
Learn about the difference between admins and moderators.