Troubleshoot login with two-factor authentication on Facebook
Change platform:Computer Help
If you can’t receive your two-factor authentication codes by phone or authentication app, there are still things you can do.
Tips for logging in:
- SMS codes can sometimes take time to arrive. Check your phone again in a while.
- If you are logged in from another browser or device, check your notifications. You may be able to approve this login from there.
- If you already had Recovery Codes saved or printed, you can use them to approve this login.
Once you’ve logged in, you can:
- Add a new mobile phone number to your account.
- Add a different authentication app to your account.
- Add a security key to your account.
- Turn off two-factor authentication from your Security and Login Settings.
Still unable to login?
If you're unable to login after trying these tips, you'll need to confirm your identity to login.
- Attempt to login and continue until you need to enter your two-factor authentication code.
- Click Need another way to authenticate?
- Click Other Options, then click Get more help.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.