How do I remove a tag from a photo or post I’m tagged in on Facebook?
If you're having trouble finding the photo or post you'd like to hide, you can use your activity log to find it.
To remove a tag from a post:
- Go to the post.
- Click in the top right.
- Click Remove tag.
To remove a tag from a photo:
- Go to the photo.
- Hover over the photo and click Options in the bottom right.
- Select Remove tag.
To remove tags from multiple photos at once:
- From your News Feed, click your name in the top left to go to your profile.
- Click Activity Log in the bottom right of your cover photo.
- Click Photos and Videos in the left column.
- Click to check the box to the left of the photos you'd like to remove a tag from.
- Click Report/Remove Tag.
- Click to select your preferred option, then click Untag Photos to confirm.
When you remove a tag, keep in mind:
- That tag will no longer appear on the post or photo, but that post or photo is still visible to the audience it's shared with.
- People may be able to view the post or photo in places like News Feed or search results.
To remove the post or photo from Facebook, you can ask the person who posted it to take it down.