Get a security code to login to Facebook
If you're having trouble logging into your Facebook account, review these tips first.
If you've turned on two-factor authentication, there are several ways you can get your security code or approve your login attempt:
- You can use a six digit text message (SMS) code sent to your mobile phone.
- By tapping your security key on a compatible device.
- With a security code from a third party app you've associated with your Facebook account.
- You can approve your login attempt from a device we already recognize.
- With one of your printed recovery codes.
If you're unable to receive your security code, learn more about how to troubleshoot login with two-factor authentication.