How do I control who can look me up on Facebook using my email or mobile phone number?
Your email and mobile phone number each have a setting to control who's able to look you up using that info.
To adjust your settings:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Privacy on the left. Below the How People Find and Contact You section, you'll see a setting for your email and a setting for your phone number:
- To update your email setting, click Edit to the right of Who can look you up using the email address you provided?
- To update your phone number setting, click Edit to the right of Who can look you up using the phone number you provided?
- Select who can look you up using that info (example: Friends).
Keep in mind:
- If someone searches for your email or mobile phone number using Search, the search results won't show your profile. But there are some things to look out for:
- If someone searches using your email address and it includes your full name, the search results may show your profile.
- You control who can see your mobile phone number or email on your profile separately. If you're sharing your phone number or email on your profile with your friends, they can see it. Learn how to adjust who you share your email or mobile phone number with.
- People can also search by phone number in the Messenger app.
- The Who can look you up using the phone number you provided? and Who can look you up using the email address you provided? settings control how your mobile phone number or email can be used to look you up in other ways besides Search, such as when someone uploads your contact info to Facebook from their mobile phone.