How do I set up Facebook texts?
You can set up Facebook texts from your settings:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Click Mobile in the left menu.
- If you haven't added your mobile phone number to your account, click Add a Phone and follow the steps. If you've already added a mobile phone number to your account, click Activate Text Messaging.
Once you set up Facebook texts, you can receive texts (SMS) from Facebook and update Facebook by sending a text.
If you share a mobile phone number with another person, you can choose to receive Facebook texts (SMS) for one or both of the accounts. To stop receiving texts (SMS) for one of the accounts, reply STOP to the text message (SMS) sent to that person. You can reply ON to turn messaging back on for that account.
To stop receiving text messages (SMS) for all accounts on a mobile phone number, reply STOP to one of the codes listed below.
Note: Facebook doesn't charge you for using Facebook texts. However, your mobile provider's standard rates for sending and receiving text messages (SMS) still apply.
Shortcodes by country:
- Altice USA : FBOOK (32665)
- Cross Wireless: 32665 (FBOOK)
- test TATA SS7 SMSC: 32665
- TATA SS7 SMSC: 32665
- PTI Pacifica dba IT&E: 32665
- STRATA Networks: 32665
- NewCore Wireless: 32665
- C Spire Wireless: 32665
- Inland Cellular: 32667
- Cablevision: 32665
- Union Wireless: 32665
- Pine Belt Wireless: FBOOK (32665)
- Nemont: FBOOK (32665)
- West Central Wireless : FBOOK (32665)
- Nex-Tech Wireless: 32673
- Google Voice: 32665
- Thumb cellular: 32671
- Carolina West: 32665
- Golden State cellular: 32672
- NorthwestCell / Chat Mobility: FBOOK (32665)
- Appalachian Wireless: 32668
- GCI: FBOOK (32665)
- Viaero Wireless: FBOOK (32665)
- Illinois Valley Cellular: 32670
- Bluegrass Cellular: FBOOK (32665)
- Pioneer Cellular: FBOOK (32665)
- Cellcom: 32665
- Verizon: 32665 (FBOOK)
- U.S. Cellular: FBOOK (32665)
- MetroPCS: FBOOK (32665)
- AT&T: 32665 (FBOOK)
- T-Mobile: 32665
- Sprint: 32665 (FBOOK)