Make a strong Facebook password
When you create a new password, remember:
- Your password should be easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Your Facebook password should be different than the passwords you use to log into other accounts, like your email or bank account.
- Longer passwords are usually more secure.
- Your password should not be your email, phone number or birthday.
- Avoid using common words, like “Password”.
- Use a password manager. There are many different applications that can store your passwords securely.
- Don't share your passwords with anyone, online or in person. If you do, change them as soon as possible.
If you see a message letting you know the password you entered isn't strong enough, try mixing together uppercase and lowercase letters. You can also make the password more complex by making it longer with a phrase or series of words that you can easily remember, but no one else knows.
Learn how to add two-factor authentication to your Facebook account for additional security.
You can also learn what to do if you think your account has been hacked.