How can I get back into my Facebook account if I'm being asked to confirm my identity?
This information is for people who are asked to do a security check and confirm their identity when they try to log into Facebook. If you're not being asked to do a security check but you're having trouble logging into your account, learn how to fix problems with logging in.
We ask you to do a security check if we think your account's security might have been affected.
To get back into your account if you're being asked to do a security check:
- Log into Facebook and follow the instructions to confirm your identity.
- If you can't remember your Facebook password, you can request a new password.
You may have the option of confirming your identity by:
- Identifying friends based on their tagged photos.
- Providing your date of birth.
If you're having trouble confirming your identity, keep in mind:
- When we ask you to provide your date of birth, we're asking for the date of birth you gave us when you signed up for Facebook.
- If you picked a security question you can't answer, you may have the option to go back and select a different question, or try again at another time.
- If you suspect that someone has hacked your account and changed some of your information, learn what to do.
After you complete the security check, please be sure to read these tips for keeping your account secure.