Who can see the Friends section of my Facebook profile?
Change platform:Computer Help
By default, the Friends section of your profile is public, meaning everyone can see it.
To adjust who can see your Friends section:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & privacy, then click Settings.
- In the left column, click Privacy.
- Look for the setting Who can see your friends list? and click Edit to the far right.
- Select the audience of people (such as Friends) you'd like to have access to your friends list.
Keep in mind:
- You can only control who can see your friends list on your profile. Your friends also control who can see their friendships on their own profiles.
For example, if you set your friends list to Only Me, only you'll be able to see your full friends list on your profile. But, if your friend has their friends list set to Public, anyone can see that you're friends.
- If people can see your friendship on another profile, they'll also be able to see it in News Feed, Search and other places on Facebook.
- People may see mutual friends when they visit your profile.