Why am I being asked to add my mobile phone number to my account?
We may use your mobile phone number for purposes like:
- Helping you log in. If you forget your password, you'll need an updated mobile number or email address to reset it.
- Suggesting People You May Know so you can connect with them on Facebook.
- Showing you relevant ads. However, we don't ever sell personal information, including your mobile phone number, to anyone.
- Helping keep your account safe through opt-in features like text message or email alerts for unrecognized logins or two-factor authentication.
Learn more about how Facebook uses your phone number or email address in our Data Policy. You may see a number suggested for you when we ask you to add your mobile phone number. It will only be added to your account if you choose to add it.
We may suggest a mobile number for you based on information we receive from sources such as:
- Your mobile phone or tablet.
- Contact info provided by others on Facebook.
- A mobile number that you entered previously but didn't confirm.