How do I add, change or remove my legacy contact on Facebook?
Android App Help
iPhone App Help
Mobile Browser Help
iPad App Help
Basic Mobile Browser Help
Facebook Lite App Help
You can add, change or remove your legacy contact in your General Profile Settings at any time. Choosing your legacy contact is currently only available for your main profile and doesn’t apply to additional Facebook profiles.
Add a legacy contact for your main profile
- From your main profile, click your profile photo in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- Below General Profile Settings, click Memorialization Settings.
- Type in a friend's name in Choose a friend and click Add.
- To let your friend know they're now your legacy contact, click Send.
To change or remove a legacy contact, follow steps 1–3 above, then click Remove. From there, you can add a new legacy contact if you'd like.
If your main profile is memorialized, your legacy contact will be notified. Learn more about what a legacy contact can do.
Note: You must be 18 or older to select a legacy contact.