How do I add, change or remove my legacy contact on Facebook?
Change platform:Computer Help
You can add, change or remove your legacy contact in your account's General Settings at any time.
To add a legacy contact:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Memorialization Settings.
- Type in a friend's name in Choose a friend and click Add.
- To let your friend know they're now your legacy contact, click Send.
To change or remove a legacy contact, follow steps 1–2 above, then click Remove. From there, you can add a new legacy contact if you'd like.
If your account is memorialized, your legacy contact will be notified. Learn more about what a legacy contact can do.
Note: You must be 18 or older to select a legacy contact.